I'm back home in Louisiana for the holidays! It's been a year since I was here, and as I catch up with family and friends, I reflect on all of the great adventures and memorable moments I've had in 2014. Here are my top ten favorite moments of my first year in New Zealand (some of which I've yet to blog about, but stay tuned!)
10. Kicking off the new year in Napier, New Zealand
9. Getting stuck in traffic at Fox Glacier
8. Holding a spring lamb in Hawke's Bay
7. My first helicopter ride... over a glacier... on my birthday
Such a cool experience! I think this video pretty much captures my excitement.
6. Black Water Rafting at Waitomo Glowworm Caves
5. Scuba diving at Poor Knight's in Tutukaka
4. Hiking the Tongariro Crossing
3. My first encounter with a preying mantis in Nelson
This still gets me every time! When I'm having a bad day, I just watch this clip and laugh.
2. Watching Joe show Fijian children how to 'beatbox'
1. Bungy jumping in Queenstown with AJ Hackett Bungy
I hope you've had a wonderful year, and I hope 2015 is filled with new lessons, adventures and experiences! Happy New Year!